Chickpea, Almond walnut & Pistachio chocolate brownies
Adapted from Rebel Recipes book (Nicki Webster) Who knew that chickpeas would make such yummy brownies!
- 1 can chickpeas drained
- 250g medjool dates (de stoned)
- 4 tablespoons crunchy almond butter
- 5 tablespoons cacao powder
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Handful of chopped walnuts (keep some
- to sprinkle on top)
- Small handful of pistachios (keep some to sprinkle on top)
- ½ bar of 85% good quality dark chocolate
- Put the chickpeas, dates, Almond butter, cacao powder, Coconut oil and vanilla in a food processor. Blitz until a thick, smooth consistency.
- Add most of the nuts (keep some for topping) gently mix in.
- Line a suitable size container with greaseproof paper.
- Put the mixture in and spread evenly.
- Sprinkle the rest of the chopped nuts on top.
- Melt the dark chocolate and drizzle over the top.
- Refrigerate overnight to firm.
- Cut into appropriate size squares or bars.
- Can be stored in freezer or fridge.