Chickpea & Spinach Baked Bhajis
Slightly healthier than the normal fried bhaji
Adapted from a Patrick Holford recipe, these are very tasty as a snack or accompanying any curry dish.
- 2 cans or the equivalent of dried and
- cooked chickpeas
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 150g spinach
- 2 red onions chopped
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 1 red chilli deseeded & chopped
- 4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 medium organic egg
- 2 heaped tablespoons chopped coriander or parsley
- Stir fry the onion, garlic and chilli in a pan with the oil and a little water until soft.
- Add the spices and cook for a few minutes more.
- Add the spinach and sweat for a minute or two.
- Put half of this mixture into a food processor with the chickpeas and blend until smooth.
- Put mixture into a large bowl and stir in the rest of the onion combination and one egg.
- Form into patties (about 16).
- Place on a baking dish lined with greaseproof parchment.
- Cook for about 25 minutes at 190 C Gas 5.