Coconut & Almond Energy balls
Based on a Simply Ella recipe, I started making these balls during the first lockdown and they became lovingly known as ‘Covid Balls’.
- 200g Almonds
- 400g medjool dates (de stoned)
- 4 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 3 tablespoons almond and coconut butter
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons hemp seed
- 1 tablespoon shredded coconut
- Place Almonds in a food processor and crush.
- Add dates, coconut oil and cacao powder, blend until mixed.
- Add the almond & coconut butter, hemp seed and shredded coconut and blend into the mixture.
- Roll with hands to make about 20-24 balls.
- Put on a plate or flat tray and place in the freezer for a few hours to set.
Can be stored in fridge or freezer (they taste delicious when frozen and keeping them in the freezer stops you from eating too many).