Coconut seafood curry
Delicious served with brown basmati rice or cauliflower rice and baked bhajis. Feel free to increase the spice. Spice is a great immune boost.
- 2-4 Onions chopped
- 4 -6 cloves garlic crushed
- 1-2 red chilli and 1 green chilli deseeded &
- finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Vegetable stock in half a mug of water
- 2 tsp ground cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander powder
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 can lentils drained
- 700 g raw king prawns
- 2-3 monkfish tails chopped into bite size pieces
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan with some of the stock fry the onion, garlic and chilli until soft.
- Add the spices and add the stock as required releasing the spicy aroma
- Add the coconut milk and lentils.
- Simmer for 20 minutes.
- In a separate pan fast fry the prawns and monkfish (they will release some liquid)
- Add to the coconut mixture without the liquid and simmer until texture is to your liking.